This is the mitten I made yesterday:
|Mitten made 10/12/2011|
Honestly I think it went well until I got to the part where you were supposed to make the ribbing, and then it all went to hell.
This is the mitten I made today:
|Mitten created 10/13/2011|
|Yesterday's mitten (left), Today's mitten (right)|
I also intend to try and be fancy and make a mitten with 2 colors instead of just this cream, so we'll see how well that works out. It looks like it would be cool in theory, but once again there's that ribbing that I'm not entirely sure about.
I'm also not entirely sure how well these mittens are going to stay on, so I was thinking of trying another stitch along the bottom instead of the ribbing and adding some elastic to keep them on. I thought about ribbon, but I'm not sure if I entirely like that idea.
The tutorial I used for these baby mittens can be found here, and were made using Caron Simply Soft yarn in off white with a G crochet hook.